Tuesday 25 September 2012

DIY Fairy Lights

Hello Beautiful People! <3

Today I wanted to share something I made recently and love. I'm a big fan of 'room cosification' (as I call it) and adore fairy lights. The trouble is that it is often hard to justify spending £30-£40.00 on fairy lights. So, I decided to get crafty and make some rose fairy lights for the top of my bed. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out; and they really couldn't be more simple to make! Mine cost a grand total of £8.00 to put together.

All you need is a garland of your choice; these are actually really easy to come by. My rose garland is from Urban Outfitters (www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk). I got them on sale for £5.00! I don't think that it is still available at Urban Outfitters, but try ebay or etsy; I always find they have a wide selection and are very reasonable. Then you need some plain white fairy lights! Again, these are extremely easy to come by; even amazon stocks them! The DIY part of this process is even more simple; all you have to do is entwine the lights with the garland and hey presto! Prettiness! <3 I'd love to know what you all think!



Lots of Love,
Caitlin <3

2 comments:

  1. Love these, such a simple yet very effective idea. I think I might just try this at the weekend, as luck would have it I already have the garland and lights.


    Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pleasure! I was surprised by how effective it was! I think it's perfect because you get to create the perfect lights :) <3 Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete