Wednesday 10 October 2012

Nails and Candy... Nail Candy?!

Hey all,

I haven't posted for a while, due being in Chicago for a FABULOUS weekend with my beautiful boy. Since I'm now back from Chicago and thought I'd drop y'all a note to say, well, 'hi'!

Chicago was gorgeous, as was my boy, and as were the restaurants he has been working in - he's a chef you see, so good food was never far away. Thank god for the stretch in my favorite Skinny's right?! Click here if you're interested in checking out his diner... Au Chaval. The concept's coming to London so if you want the best burger you've ever eaten in the coolest atmosphere yet, watch this space...

... Au Chaval -AKA- The Diner...

...For a little more swank, Gilt Bar...

So while in Chicago, a girl can't just eat...she surely must shop as well and shop I did! Bear in mind, I only had two days (Jet Setter much?!), but I certainly made a concerted effort to pick up some treasures, which included these super cute nail varnishes in 'Eclipse' and 'Desert Valley'. 



I picked these up in UO (which I love both in the States and back home), but you can check them out here. Now these lil pretties allege to change colour but I can’t say I have noticed this to be especially true...Nevertheless, the colours are fun, both on their own, or layered up, much like the winter layers we must all be starting to sport. Went a little sparkle crazy this time, but normally with a finish like this, I’d go with one or 2 nails and the rest just the base colour...



One of my favorite things about this sort of glitter polish is it hides all manner of smudge- related sins...Im assuming I am not the only one to have painted their nails before bed only to wake up with the linen imprinted on one’s claws OR to decide to do one’s hair, thinking the old nails are dry, only to stab a couple with an errant hairclip, thus finding that they were not....No? Just me then?!

I have to confess, these little pretties were not my only UO purchase - I tend to go a little accessory crazy when given half the chance - so if anyone’s interested, thought my next post may include a US UO Accessories Haul...




Anyway beautiful people, thats all from me for now and remember...

‘life’s short - stay awake for it’ 
Christie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment